Manage all financial aspects of customer credit sales. Ensure strict compliance to Credit Control procedures. Control account receivables, debt balance, customer information, order and delivery documents, and related functions. Act as liaison with Store Accountant in Head Office.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
- Review correctness and completeness of supporting documents for new/edit customer accounts.
- Do billing and collection process (follow credit’s customer schedule).
- Review documents for return stocks to issue credit notes and send to customers.
- Collect and check supporting documents and send to Head of office for centralized credit customers.
- Closely monitor outstanding balance and follow up balance with customer and CDM.
- Initiate release/hold orders based on payments made or those exceeding credit limit according to credit control guidelines
- Monitor and verify credit sale orders
- Monitor and verify deliveries
- Ensure completeness of delivery documents and file appropriately
- Place hold on customer account in case of late payment
- Monitor and verify Order Summary and Order Cancellation reports
- Control daily settlement entries; adjust credit limit when necessary
- Print receive voucher
- Print daily settlement report
- Control wire transfer & check collection; reconcile with daily receipt report before depositing checks to the bank
- Record receipt of payment (wire transfers or checks), create receipt for payment received, enter receipt as registered, and print out corresponding report
- Create deposit slip for payment received (checks) and deliver to cash room
- Verify check clearing, re-deposit as necessary, and enter results as required
- Manage collection cycle; monitor collection from customer and submit the documents on timely basis
- Review billing due dates and print billing as required
- Verify Outstanding Receipt report; interact with customers for un-paid invoices
- Verify request for Debit/Credit Note and print the approved document for ASGM approval
- Debit note to be issued in case of product return
- Credit note to be issued in case of price change
- Monitor debit note and credit note reports
- Monitor catalogue price changes; communicate with appropriate department personnel
Education and/or Job Experience Requirements
- Monitor orders that exceed due date and invoice not yet issued
- Prepare the aging report and review with ASGM on a monthly basis to identify collection issues and agree on solution
- Complete write-off process for bad debt; follow company policy regarding documentation
- Act as liaison with other departments to ensure proper document flow
- Issue “Certified Copy of Tax Invoices” when customer requests; follow company policy regarding documentation
- Prepare and submit monthly summary report by customer for review by SGM and ASGM; determine how to improve quality of new customers and delete invalid/inactive customers
- Vocational or Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or related field
- years work experience in Accounting, Financial, or Auditing position preferred
- Customer oriented
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Sense of urgency
- Able to multi-task and prioritize
- Good attention to detail
- Good time management
- Good math skills
- Computer literate
- Able to use basic office equipment